In an effort to better inform parents about the Smarter Balanced State Assessment, the Vale School District is providing the following resources.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the SMARTER-Balanced Assessment System (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents (PDF)
- ODE Link: Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Descriptor of Levels (PDF)
- What a Passing Score Means:
Under new rules for the State of Oregon (Oregon House Bill 2655), parents have the right to refuse for their children to take the Smarter Balanced State Assessment in English Language Arts and Mathematics. Should you wish to refuse Smarter Balanced testing for your child or children, please make an appointment with your child/children’s school principal to submit the necessary form. The forms, in English and Spanish, are linked below. The deadline for submitting the Refusal for Smarter Balanced Testing form is February 1, 2016.
If you have additional questions which are not answered here please contact the principal of your child’s school or Patty Faw, Vale School District Test Coordinator, at 541-473-0201 or Patty.Fawvale.k12.or.us.